A typical customer conversion path involves multiple touch points and devices, which makes understanding the real value of each channel more complex than ever before:
- Paid (TV, SEM, Display), Free (SEO, Direct traffic, CRM) or Acquired touchpoints
- Offline (TV, radio, point of sale, call center)
- Touch Points on Multiple devices (PC, tablet, smartphone or apps)
The purpose of attribution is to determine the impact of each marketing channel in complex conversion paths, with three objectives :
- Generate more revenue for the same budget or reduce the budget while keeping sales constant
- Eliminate the "silo view" when analyzing each marketing channel individually, and deduplicate conversions that are typically counted multiple times (leading to over-reporting and potentially overpaying media providers).
- Understand how the various channels interact with each other
Two families of allocation models
Predefined or "ad hoc" formulas assign conversions based on the advertiser's "intuition", such as last click, or all touchpoints in the conversion path.
The main problem with these models is that they rely on subjective and unproven assumptions in the attribution of conversions.
Algorithmic models use machine learning techniques to evaluate the influence of each touch point in the conversion path by observing the statistical impact of a touchpoint in a dataset of many different paths.
Algorithmic models operate with no prior assumption and are based solely on the data collected.
Wizaly’s algorithmic attribution model
The most cutting-edge algorithm on the market, which computes the actual contribution of each media channel.
Wizaly's algorithm compares groups of paths in order to calculate the impact of each touchpoint within the conversion path.
No ad-hoc assumptions, it is based strictly on the data collected
Analysis at a the most granular level, including such parameters as channel, source, advertisement and many other parameters
Evolution over time to the specifics of each media mix, the evolution of competition and the market
Computation of the impact of each touchpoint along 6 dimensions including source, engagement and timing of touchpoints
Request your online Demo now
Please fill in the form below and our team will contact you to arrange a live demonstration of our platform.